Last modified: February 18, 2017
As summer officially starts later this month, the summer-fun activities in Virginia Beach are endless!
Here are five things to do in and around Virginia Beach in June:
1. Harborfest runs the first full weekend in June in nearby Norfolk. The longest-running, FREE maritime event in the country, Norfolk Harborfest offers you the chance to see tall ships, a great fireworks show, the largest outdoor dock party in the Hampton Roads region, and tons of top-flight local, regional and national live entertainers and bands.
2. Your dad probably loves sports. Does he love soccer? If he does, Virginia Beach in June is the BEST for soccer lovers! the sport of soccer transforms to an intense beach game! The internationally known North American Sand Soccer kicks off another tournament beginning on June 10. This weekend long event takes over the sand, with fields and fields of games to watch. Soccer isn't the only sports game going on at this event! The "Sidekick" games will include sports like beach football, beach wrestling, beach lacrosse, and sand hockey. This is definitely a favorite beach weekend for sports lover of any kind! Don't miss this extreme weekend at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk & Oceanfront. Learn more about the 2016 North American Sand Soccer Championships!
3. Speaking of things dads love, the 2016 Springfest Car Show will be held on Sunday, June 5th! Held at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, Springfest showcases new and classic cars. It provides entertainment for everyone in your party, including raffles for some great prizes, live music, many food and drink vendors, national and local automotive vendors (including auto after-market vendors), and an RC Drift competition, in which owners of radio-controlled (RC) cars race on an enclosed course. This awesome event starts at 12:00 noon until 6:00 PM. That's six whole hours to admire so many beautiful cars! From hot rods, to fast racers, you will see it all at this car lover's dream event! Don't miss it!
4. With family in mind, a super fun event to be a part of is the Family Great Adventure Series! This summer series takes place at the Mount Trashmore Park, which is just minutes away from the VA Beach oceanfront. This series starts in June and lasts until August! The evenings for this event start with games and interactive activities for the children at 7:00 PM. After the sun goes down, a family friendly movie will be shown on the LARGE screen outdoors! It is recommended for families to bring a couple of pillows, comfy beach chairs, and beach blankets to get cozy for the movie! Bringing snacks is OK but not necessary, as there will be yummy concession stands!
5. Sandstock, Virginia Beach’s answer to Woodstock, also takes place the second weekend of June. Sandstock: A Tribute to Rock and Roll will be sure to delight tons of music lovers! National and regional tribute artists come to honor some of the top performers of the Woodstock era (think Elton John, the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers), who perform on two beach stages on the beach. Get ready to get your groove on! This event is FREE and open to the public!
Check out even more Virginia Beach events! On the events page, there are so many events to fill your vacation with. Summer brings the FUN to the beach!