Must-Get Virginia Beach Souvenirs
“My grandparents went on vacation and all I got was this T-shirt.” First, that's a spoiled and ungrateful child. Second, they might be right. Getting a loved one a plain t-shirt isn't the most imaginative gift. It screams, "I bought this as I was heading to the airport." Visiting Virginia Beach is a unique oceanfront vacation and your souvenir could be the same with a few helpful ideas. Here are some that are sure to delight you and your loved ones for many years to come.
Best Virginia Beach Souvenir Ideas
Mini King Neptune Statue
• The ever-popular King Neptune statue on the award-winning Virginia Beach Boardwalk at the oceanfront at 31st Street is the quintessential symbol of Virginia Beach. After all, it is one of the most popular statues in the whole city! That being the case, why not buy a King Neptune snow globe, a t-shirt with his likeness on it, a framed photo of the statue, a themed necklace or bracelet, and so forth?
Small Replicas of Nearby Attractions
• Check out the Old Cape Henry Lighthouse and don’t forget to get a small replica of the lighthouse (or at least a postcard of it).
Clothing with Your Favorite Marine Animal
• Pick up a cap, t-shirt or keychain depicting your favorite marine or sea animal from the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
Maps or Guidebooks of the City
• Purchase a Virginia Beach guidebook at the visitor’s center or a local bookstore for tips on what to see and do in the area during your stay. The guidebook can then serve as a terrific souvenir, one that you can read at your leisure to bring back memories of your stay in Virginia Beach.
A Pretty Shell You Can't Leave Without
• You’ll probably want to hunt for seashells while walking along the shore. Chances of finding a full shell (one that’s not broken), is pretty slim. Instead, Virginia Beach’s souvenir shops have many full seashells you can purchase – of many different sizes. Purchase several and place them in a straw basket or glass bowl when you get home: they make for a beautiful decoration while evoking fond memories of your trip.
Famous Salt Water Taffy
• These may not last very long (so they may not be “true” souvenirs), but some fudge or salt-water taffy from Forbes Candies (which touts itself as Virginia Beach’s “original candymaker since 1930”) should be on your list. Forbes has four candy stores in Virginia Beach, including three on Atlantic Avenue.
Make sure to bring something great back home to remember your Virginia Beach vacation! Do you pick up something during your VA Beach trip? Let us know your must-get item by leaving a comment below.