Last modified: February 8, 2021
Are you a single gal on Valentine’s Day? If so, before we talk about the many fun things you can have solo or with your friends, let's talk about being single and why it can actually be a good thing.
First of all, this day of love is fraught with expectations. Will he give me flowers? Will he buy me dinner? Will I get roses and/or chocolate? If he's a serious boyfriend, you may even wonder if he's going to pop the question on this day. These types of thoughts can be VERY stressful, pretty much ruining the days leading up to February 14, and if he doesn't do any of these romantic things you’re hoping for/expecting, Valentine’s Day itself can prove to be a huge disappointment.
But as a single gal, you don't have to worry about any of this type of stress. None. You will not be disappointed on Valentine's Day.
Instead, you can create the best Valentine’s Day ever. All you need is a sense of adventure, the wherewithal to come to Virginia Beach, and possibly (although they aren't required) some great girlfriends to come with you on your day away.
Here are some great things to do in Virginia Beach on your single girls' Valentine's Day Getaway:
- It's best if you arrive as early in the morning as possible. This way, you and your girlfriends (if they are with you) can indulge in a little bit of Valentine's Day pampering by visiting one of the many day spas in Virginia Beach for a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure – or all four!
- In fact, you may want to indulge yourselves even more and book a hairstyle and makeup session for the evening, because…
- …you and your gal pals are going to treat yourself to a great meal at one of our resort's fantastic restaurants, followed by club hopping to one or more of our fantastic night spots
- Start by indulging in some delicious sea food. Or perhaps European cuisine is your passion? Or are you a steak and potatoes kind of gal? Or do you crave some sushi or other Asian fares? Regardless, Virginia Beach’s restaurants have you covered.
- As for nightlife, with your new 'do, your fantastic makeup and your best nightclub attire, you should head to one – or more! – of Virginia Beach's nightclubs. You and your friends are sure to have one or more “taken” fellas wishing they weren't so “well-coupled” on this night of all nights!