Last modified: April 21, 2017
Hey, students and parents of students! Are you new to college and just realizing how expensive it’s really going to be? VirginiaBeach.com knows the importance of a college education as well as how pricey it can be. The cost really adds up. The price of textbooks, room and board, laptops, and not to mention the actual cost of each credit hour… It’s a lot to handle. That’s why this year, VirginiaBeach.com presents its very first annual education-based scholarship opportunity to students who will be attending a college/university in the 2017-2018 school year.
This year, we invite students in any year of their college education to participate in our new scholarship program to win a prize of $1,000 in order to help with the high costs of attending a college/university. The college/university can be in Virginia or in any other state in the USA. The VirginiaBeach.com scholarship will be awarded to the student who presents a top quality writing piece about how travel can improve your life. Creativity, entertainment, and originality will be awarded.
The essay topic is “How Travel Improves Your Life.”
- Must be 1,500 - 2,000 words.
- Work can be completed on Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- Any plagiarized work will be dismissed.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submissions must be sent through a college e-mail system.
- Deadline date is August 31, 2017.
- Winner will be announced September 4, 2017.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Students enrolled in a US college/university may participate.
- Must provide appropriate proof of enrollment.
- Must be a legal US resident.
Writing Piece Needs To Include
- Your name, address, and date of birth. Will be kept confidential.
- Name of college/university
VirginiaBeach.com presents an equal opportunity scholarship award to the highest quality written essay. We are offering $1,000 in hopes to help a dedicated student to furthering their education in any field. Money given will help a student through their college year with a lower bill.
The written essay will be read by the directors of VirginiaBeach.com. The essays will only be used to decide a winner of the scholarship. The essays that we receive will not be kept after the announcement of the winner. They will not be able to be sent back to the student for any reason.
If the winner wishes to have their essay published on VirginiaBeach.com, they have that choice.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please e-mail Rachel@virginiabeach.com. Good luck!